after 100 long days I’m pleased to announce we’re about to throw open our doors once more,so you can enjoy that unique wagamama dine-in experience we know you’ve missed. In the spirit of kaizen, we’ve embraced positive change and introduced a range of safety measures, including our ingenious new sliding screens that will keep you socially distant without impacting your dining experience . In fact it may even enhance it.
‘stay safe the wagamama way’ includes
- new moveable screens, inspired by Japanese partition designs (shoji). these stylish additions cleverly take advantage of our iconic wagamama benches, making them more accommodating than ever
- a safety host will greet you at the door to ensure socially distanced queuing, and manage flow in and out of our restaurants
- increased hygiene routines will be enhanced, with hand sanitiser stations for guests and a rigorous regime for staff
- disposable menus on placemats with cutlery and condiments being brought to table, only once you are ready to be seated, to help eliminate additional touch points
- cashless payments through a simple pay on phone mechanic at the end of the meal which minimises staff contact, and adheres to the government’s contact and trace request. the name and phone number of at least one person in the group visiting the restaurant is taken (this is stored temporarily for 3 weeks only)
these are the positive changes we’re making to keep us all safe. what hasn’t changed is our ability to modify your food order (especially important if you suffer from an allergy)and the freshness of our food.
our guests are our heart
in an ideal world we would love to open all of our restaurants straight away, but the safety and enjoyment of both our guests and our teams is our ultimate priority and we need to make sure this new approach works for everyone. which is why we plan to reopen 4 trial sites in the first week, followed by a further 14 in july. if the feedback from these 18 sites is positive then the rest of our estate will open their doors in august and early september. we will keep you informed of exactly when on our website, so watch this space
in the meantime, we hope you will continue to enjoy your wagamama favourites through delivery and click and collect. we now have over 100 sites open, so we hope there is one close enough to you.
I want to use this opportunity to thank you for supporting us through this shutdown - the vocal enthusiasm we have received for our ‘wok from home ‘ cookery lessons has been heart-warming, and the constructive input you have given us on our reopening plans has been truly inspiring.
we’re really looking forward to welcoming you all back to our benches safely.